Obtaining a Death Certificate
In order to obtain a death certificate, you must complete an application for death certificate. You can only request a certificate for an immediate family member:
To receive a death certificate, you must have one form of primary identification or two forms of secondary identification. One of the secondary forms of identification must bear your signature.
- Government employment badge or card
- Military ID
- Passport (from any country)
- Prison ID
- State-issued driver's license
- State / city / county ID card
- Student ID
- Bank account statement (recent)
- Employment or organizational ID
- Paycheck stub (recent)
- Photocopy of their signed Social Security card
- Public assistance applications or letters
- Public library card
- Signed federal tax return
- Signed valid voter's registration card
- Utility bill (recent)
Fees & Other Information
The fee for a death certificate is $21 for the first copy and $4 for each additional copy. For more information about death certificates, please contact the County Clerk's Office at 817-594-7461.
For Burial-Transit Permits after hours, please contact the County Clerk at the following number (817)301-8299.