Sheriff Larry Fowler Video
- 2005 - Present - Sheriff, Parker County Sheriff’s Office
- 2001 - 2005 - Criminal Investigator, Parker County District Attorney’s Office
- 1999 - 2001 - Assistant Warden, CCA Prison Facility at Fort Wolters
- 1997 - 1999 - Chief Deputy, Parker County Sheriff’s Office
- 1995 - 1997 - Director, Parker County Crimes Commission
- 1971 - 1995 - Inspector, Criminal Enforcement Operations, U.S. Marshal Service, U.S. Department of Justice Northern District of Texas, Fort Worth Division
- 1965 - 1971 - Lieutenant, Weatherford Police Department
- Chief Deputies Association
- Homicide Investigators of Texas
- Texas Sheriff’s Association
- 1971 - Federal Law Enforcement Academy, Washington D.C.
- 1968 - 1971 - Tarrant County Junior College, Fort Worth, Texas
Duties of the Sheriff
Long respected as the county’s top lawman, the sheriff has a range of duties that include criminal investigations, traffic enforcement, as well as the following:
- Enforcing state law and county ordinances
- Operating the jail to ensure the safety and security of prisoners
- Providing security for the operation of county and district courts
- Accepting bail for prisoners in his/her custody
- Conducting sales of seized and unclaimed properties
- Serving of process
Filing a Police Report
To file a report, contact us by phone and you will have a opportunity to speak with a deputy. Please note that this agency operates 24/7. If you have an emergency dial 911. Otherwise, please contact our dispatch office for police assistance.
It is the mission of the Parker County Sheriff’s Office to identify and respond to the needs of the community; take the lead in solving community problems; instill a professional attitude; and enhance the overall quality of life through mutual trust, respect, and the fair enforcement of the laws while safeguarding the self-respect of all. The Parker County Sheriff’s Office strives to promote community partnerships to improve the quality of life. It is our commitment to enforce laws firmly yet with compassion while affording dignity and respect to every individual.